Where do 1099-INT tax forms come from?

Tuesday, February 15th, 2005
Categorized as: Savings Bond taxes

Who sends the 1099’s for interest received on savings bonds?

Tom’s response

If you cashed your Savings Bonds at a bank, you should get a copy of the 1099-INT that reports your interest income to the IRS from that bank. Some banks give it to you when you cash the bond, some send it the following January.

If you cashed your Savings Bonds by sending them to a Federal Reserve Bank, then they’ll send you a copy of the 1099-INT.

If you don’t have a 1099 by the end of January for a Savings Bond you cashed the previous year, you should check with whoever cashed it for you.

Rate this post (1 to 5 stars):  1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars
(Average rating: 4.89 stars)

FDIC Insured Certificates of Deposit can pay 1 or 2% more than savings bonds when held for a similar length of time. See top CD Rates Below:

No comments yet.

Comments Closed

June 1, 2010

After six years, over 400 posts, 3,680 real comments, and over 90,000 spam comments (thank you, Akismet, for making managing a blog with comments possible), I am closing public comments on Savings-Bond-Advisor.com. I will contine to update the main articles on this site, but not the comments.

Virtually every question about Savings Bonds has been asked and answered on this site multiple times. Use the search feature (see the box in the gray area near the top of this page) or the detailed menu on the lower part of the home page to find the information you're looking for. If you have a copy of Savings Bond Advisor, you can ask me a question here.

Tom Adams

Savings Bond Calculator


Savings Bond

Get an answer to your questions from the Treasury's Savings Bonds team.

Click below to ask a question.

Ask the Treasury


Invest online in Savings Bonds or
marketable Treasury securities.

Deal directly with the U.S. Treasury.

More info


Log in