How do you change the bank account for Series HH interest payments?

Tuesday, August 15th, 2006
Categorized as: Series HH or H US Savings Bonds

How can I change the bank account my series HH bond interest is paid into?

Tom’s response

Use the Treasury’s Direct Deposit Sign Up Form. The form doesn’t say on it anywhere that it can be used to change the bank account your interest payments are going to, but the Treasury says it’s the right form for this.

Check the Interest Payments box at the top of the form. The instructions on the form are ambiguous about whether you need to include the bonds with your request – you don’t. Unlike most Savings Bond forms, you don’t even have to have your signature certified by a bank.

Rate this post (1 to 5 stars):  1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars
(Average rating: 4.20 stars)

FDIC Insured Certificates of Deposit can pay 1 or 2% more than savings bonds when held for a similar length of time. See top CD Rates Below:

No comments yet.

Comments Closed

June 1, 2010

After six years, over 400 posts, 3,680 real comments, and over 90,000 spam comments (thank you, Akismet, for making managing a blog with comments possible), I am closing public comments on I will contine to update the main articles on this site, but not the comments.

Virtually every question about Savings Bonds has been asked and answered on this site multiple times. Use the search feature (see the box in the gray area near the top of this page) or the detailed menu on the lower part of the home page to find the information you're looking for. If you have a copy of Savings Bond Advisor, you can ask me a question here.

Tom Adams

Savings Bond Calculator


Savings Bond

Get an answer to your questions from the Treasury's Savings Bonds team.

Click below to ask a question.

Ask the Treasury


Invest online in Savings Bonds or
marketable Treasury securities.

Deal directly with the U.S. Treasury.

More info


Log in