Series HH 1099s from Treasury H/HH web site

Wednesday, February 16th, 2005
Categorized as: Savings Bond taxesSeries HH or H US Savings Bonds

My father-in-law converted some mature EE bonds to HH bonds in 2002. Shouldn’t we get a 1099 with the interest information each year? If we do not get the 1099 who should we contact to get one?

Tom’s response

Yes, you should get a 1099-INT, but only for the interest the HH bonds pay to your father-in-law twice a year. If you’re not getting the 1099 automatically, the Treasury has a web site for HH bond issues where you can request one.

The Treasury internet site for Series HH and Series H Savings Bonds also allows holders of H/HH bonds to:

  • view their accounts
  • change their address
  • request tax information
  • the site is available:
    • Monday through Friday, 8 am to 8 pm Eastern time
    • Saturday, 7 am to 2:30 pm Eastern time
    • except on federal holidays
Rate this post (1 to 5 stars):  1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars
(Average rating: 3.00 stars)

FDIC Insured Certificates of Deposit can pay 1 or 2% more than savings bonds when held for a similar length of time. See top CD Rates Below:

No comments yet.

Comments Closed

June 1, 2010

After six years, over 400 posts, 3,680 real comments, and over 90,000 spam comments (thank you, Akismet, for making managing a blog with comments possible), I am closing public comments on I will contine to update the main articles on this site, but not the comments.

Virtually every question about Savings Bonds has been asked and answered on this site multiple times. Use the search feature (see the box in the gray area near the top of this page) or the detailed menu on the lower part of the home page to find the information you're looking for. If you have a copy of Savings Bond Advisor, you can ask me a question here.

Tom Adams

Savings Bond Calculator


Savings Bond

Get an answer to your questions from the Treasury's Savings Bonds team.

Click below to ask a question.

Ask the Treasury


Invest online in Savings Bonds or
marketable Treasury securities.

Deal directly with the U.S. Treasury.

More info


Log in